What is a lightbox?
A lightbox basically fills in the screen with a dim background overlay and puts the focus content/image at the center. It then closes out when clicked upon. Lightbox highlights the content (in our case, the ad) that is shown and is a great way to ensure that the ad is actually seen by the visitor. Here’s the test page for a sample.
Lets traffic a lightbox creative
Here’s the template that I’ve made (Download DFP creative template < Right-click and save link as). Download it and traffic it in DFP. Here are the steps to be followed for using this template.
- Select ‘New creative template’ in ‘Creative Templates‘ under ‘Creatives’ in the ‘Delivery‘ tab
- Click ‘Import’ and select the template file you downloaded
- While trafficking a creative in a line item, use a 1×1 creative size and use the creative template
- While tagging, use Synchronous GPT tag on page.
- Use the tag on the test page for setting up the ad tags on page.
- Voila! Lightbox served.
The template is actively used in the creative delivered in the test page. If there are any issues or you have any ideas for enhancing the template, please do drop a line in the comments.